Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Now, It's The Clintons

Hello, dears

Have you noticed? It's no longer "Hillary". It's "The Clintons." Since I did so well with predicting the New Hampshire primary, I'll go out on a limb, again. Since even the really big boys in the media are calling them "the clintons," I think the average American queasiness about the pair running the country, instead of her, means trouble. I'll pick Obama for the winner in Super Tuesday.
Of all the endorsements Barack has garnered, I think Caroline Kennedy's is the most telling: she wrote in the New York Times that he could be the kind of president her father was. WOW. Only I said it louder: WOW.
Isn't this fun? Twice as many voters came out in South Carolina as had voted four years ago. There really is the potential for a new, broader, more diverse coalition in the Democratic party. Obama said he admired Reagan for forging a new vision for Republicans. He DID NOT say he admired Reagan's stance or issues, as the Clintons (there it is again) advertised.
Anyhow, I sent money to McCain in 2000. Today, I'm sending a similar pittance to Obama.

No comments: